The Bulletproof Position On Decaf Coffee?

Hi Dave,

I'm a bit confused by the fact that you basically tell people not to bother drinking decaf coffee at 48:35 in the 'Top 6 biohacks full length HD' - in fact you say decaf is worse and you say 'drink coffee with caffeine or don't drink it at all'.  Yet I can go to the xbrain.co.uk website and order Bullet proof Upgraded decaf coffee with the following quote, in fact I just ordered some by accident and have to correct my order. Can you explain how/why you've change your stance on decaf coffee, as the top 6 biohacks video is fairly recent?

"

Upgraded Decaf Coffee is a health, pleasure, and bio-hacking beverage brewed from the same artisan-roasted, high performance Central American coffee beans as our caffeinated Bulletproof Coffee. Each happy cup of Bulletproof Decaf delivers huge flavor depth, the lowest possible toxin content, and extreme mental and health benefits, just like caffeinated Bulletproof Upgraded Coffee. 

Dave Asprey, Bulletproof Exec"

Best regards, Ian

PS I love your work, I'm just a bit confused, I'm sure there is a logical explanation for this apparent inconsistency.

Comments

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

If you read the "science and research" tab on the decaf coffee page at bulletproof.com, there is an explanation describing the process difference between his decaf and normal decaf.

body composition coaching through Eat to Perform
  • Thanks.  Maybe Dave should have said that his own decaf is fine in the video - as its very easy to interpret what he said as 'all decaf is bad'.

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

It's a relatively new product.

body composition coaching through Eat to Perform
  • Info is all there, maybe people who are interested in the bulletproof way are expected to be able to think and research a bit and not have to be told everything like they're idiots ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well