Taking A Poll: What Is The Best Ces Machine For Sleep?

PLEASE NOTE: I'M POSTING THIS IN THE BRAIN HACKING FORUM BECAUSE BH FORUM PARTICIPANTS SEEM TO KNOW MORE ABOUT CES THAN THOSE ON THE SLEEP FORUM. Thank you :)

I'd like to take a poll of users to see if there is a consensus on which CES device works best for sleep. I'm considering buying an Oasis Pro. I have read through CES posts on this website and three people said the Oasis helped them sleep, but I'd like to hear from more users before I commit.

It would be wonderful if a company would make a simple CES device specifically to treat insomnia, without all the other bells and whistles.  Someone could make a fortune marketing a machine that treats just this one issue, and it would have just one setting, which would make it idiot-proof for those who can't be bothered to study the functions of the different frequencies.

I've had chronic insomnia my whole life and have tried almost everything to treat it. I lie awake for about 2.5 hours trying to fall asleep, and then wake up 3-4 times a night and spend a long time trying to fall back to sleep. Pzizz, binaural beats melatonin and amino acids work for other people, but I've tried them and they're totally useless for me. I don't have sleep apnea. My brain just won't shut off and stay off during the night. I don't want to take heavy prescription sleep aids for the rest of my life, so I'm looking to CES for help.

For the past 5 weeks I've used an alpha stim, daily. It's great for anxiety and general mood improvement, but has done nothing to solve my insomnia. The good news is, I borrowed the device from a friend and didn't have to pay $650 for it.

Tagged:

Comments

• The Oasis Pro looks to be superior because it appears that the Alpha Stim only goes down to 100Hz.  What does your diet and supplement regiment look like?  How is your sleep hygiene?  How about your sleep environment?

• Thank you for your reply. Yes, I'm really looking at the Oasis Pro, but it's a costly purchase, so I want to be sure.

Regarding my sleep hygiene, I use f.lux and blue light blocking glasses/low light starting at sundown, and take melatonin, gaba, 5htp, lemon balm, passionflower, etc. I drink 1 cup of green tea in the morning and that is my only caffeine during the day.  I use an acupressure mat and meditate before bedtime. My diet is very healthy and low carb but not too low, and I get a moderate amount of exercise each day in the morning.

I used to overdo exercise and it gave me adrenal fatigue, which is part of the reason for my insomnia. Lab tests show that my cortisol is high at night and lowest in the morning and during the day. I've been treating the adrenal fatigue for over a year now with everything doctors recommend, but am recovering too slowly to be tolerable. I've been working on a part-time freelance basis, so I can sleep late in the mornings, which is the only time my body will stay asleep. But I can't support myself like this for much longer. I need to go back into the corporate world full-time, meaning more stress, meaning even weaker adrenals. I'm looking for a reliable way to sleep at night, despite a life of increased stress. All the sleep prescriptions I've tried have had bad side effects for me, like depression, wooziness and extreme memory loss--which I can't have when I go back into the corporate world and need to be at my best.

As much as I dislike the idea, I would go on disability while I continue my recovery, but the EDD doesn't recognize adrenal fatigue as a valid disorder, even though my lab tests clearly show that I have significant adrenal disregulation.

I'm praying that the Oasis Pro will work for me. If I can sleep, I can heal, and if I can heal I can work full time again.

I'm wondering if the Oasis Pro's delta program will be effective enough to cause a person like me, with extreme insomnia, to sleep, despite high nighttime cortisol.

• I can't speak for the effectiveness of the Oasis Pro because I haven't received it yet, but I placed my order last week. This website http://www.toolsforwellness.com/ has a 14% discount for the new year... not sure how long it will last but it knocked about $60 off the price!

• Awesome! Thanks for letting me know about the discount. I think I'm going to buy one.

• hzahza ✭✭

I'd like to help, but I haven't done much playing around with my Oasis yet in terms of sleep hacking.  All I can say is I tried the sub-Delta program a handful of times when I needed to sleep but hadn't really been awake long enough to be able to sleep easily, and it was pretty much ineffective for that.  In a situation like yours where you're already sleep deprived and run down, it might be different.  Also, I haven't tried the normal Delta program yet either, so maybe that would be better for sleep hacking.  

Before you buy, if you haven't already done so maybe it would be a good idea to check the Mindalive website for articles and blog entries specifically relating to sleep and CES, or maybe ask their customer service for links and info.  It's not a cheap device, as you've noticed.  It might also be advisable to get the programming software (another $80) so you can design a "stair-step" program to move you more gradually from a Beta to Delta state--the default protocols are just straight frequencies, no ramping up or down.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file