First Day Of Intermittent Fasting....some Questions

So I tried the BP coffee in the morning and am trying to hold out until later. I feel alert but have a massive headache and major dry mouth. Is this normal? Does it go away?

Also, in terms of time, if my last meal was at 7 last night can I eat at 1 today? In other words, is it always 18 hours after?

Comments

• JBlock:

Trust your body. If you're hungry, eat. I would then try and fine-tune the process, if you are really dead-set on IF. Some things to consider:

1. Did you have the glass of water with sea salt upon waking?

2. Did you do the bulletproof coffee with the MCT? I've found it makes a huge difference.

3. Try upping the butter content of the cofffee; see if it holds you over longer.

Be encouraged! No one nails it perfectly right out of the gate, and everyone's body is different. The important thing is that you've made the choice to live life more fully, and have taken the necessary steps to put yourself on the path to success, with some minor tweaking along the way:)
  • If the headaches are from hunger which I assume they may be try adding more butter like said above and drink lots of water it will fill you up.

For me I've been doing fast's and have done many juice cleanses so the whole not eating was normal for me but my first experiences with fasting we're similar to yours I imagine it will get better with time. You also have to consider what you were eating before and how much your body may be used to. BUT this contradicts kinda what I just said but if its that bad and you feel that hungry you should probably try and eat something, just stick to the greenest part of the chart.

And yes you could eat at 1. But what I found was when I would change up that 18 hour time frame it messed me up try and keep it the same everyday like eating between 2 - 8

• 'Jblock' wrote:

So I tried the BP coffee in the morning and am trying to hold out until later. I feel alert but have a massive headache and major dry mouth. Is this normal? Does it go away?

A lot of people get headaches and dry mouth. Along with the other great advice above, I would add using 20g of l-glutamine powder taken about two hours after your coffee.
  • I never juice cleansed or fasted before this. I've had great success with intermittent fasting and still use it 4-5 days a week. I lost 60lbs in like 2.5 months. It was crazy and the best part was I felt great doing it. I think Joseph's correct. You should probably try upping the amount of butter. I used at least 5 tbs. to start. If you're reaching the final few hours of fasting and having trouble I used a few more tbs of butter in tea. I personally used tea because a cup of coffee after 1pm for me, I wont be able to fall asleep until 1am. You don't have to go the full 18 to start either. If you start at 16hrs. You're still going to have results. Work your way into it. Also, make sure you're using a high quality coffee. I noticed when my coffee is shitty I get a headache. I also wasn't a coffee drinker to start so I was really in tune with the way it makes me feel.
  • Thanks everyone for the comments. I will keep trying and tweaking the diet to get the max benefits