Morning Cramps!

Every now and then I wake up in pain when my calves have cramped up.

Is there a way to reduce this?

Thanks! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
Please email me instead of PM

[email protected]
Tagged:

Comments

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Standard advice for that is to up your magnesium intake. Take with potassium for absorption.
  • RodRod The Rodfather
    Yes, from what I read, I agree on Magnesium + Potassium...please make sure to drink a lot of water to stay hydrated!!! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• I use to get these super rarely - always got them during the night - since doing BP I have had them happen more over the last 4 months. Last week was the worse, I got my first back to back nights of cramps. I had only been saying how tougher I was these days when it happens, then I got hammered the next night, serves me right image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> . That last one though got me very worried - oh yeh it always happens to my right calf - because the following morning I went out around town and came back and that calf was really tender and had swollen up, I also had pins and needles in my toes on that leg, then as the week progressed the swelling went down but then I started getting pains in my left thigh, had convinced myself I had a blood clot - cause I dont get a ton of exercise - and that it had moved from my calf up my leg.

I take 600mg of Magnesium each night and thats not stopped me from getting these, to be fair though I think I could be low in Potassium, so it might be that. I think what made all that happen was down to me stopping taking my 2000mg a day of Omega 3, because I read on here about that most oils are bad, so was debating on taking Krill Oil. So for about 3 weeks I havent been taking it, but when this shit happened I started taking it again and now all those lasting leg pains I was getting last week have disappeared.
    There is a vegetarian option... You can fuck off - Frankie Boyle
  • RodRod The Rodfather

I use to get these super rarely - always got them during the night - since doing BP I have had them happen more over the last 4 months. Last week was the worse, I got my first back to back nights of cramps. I had only been saying how tougher I was these days when it happens, then I got hammered the next night, serves me right image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> . That last one though got me very worried - oh yeh it always happens to my right calf - because the following morning I went out around town and came back and that calf was really tender and had swollen up, I also had pins and needles in my toes on that leg, then as the week progressed the swelling went down but then I started getting pains in my left thigh, had convinced myself I had a blood clot - cause I dont get a ton of exercise - and that it had moved from my calf up my leg.

I take 600mg of Magnesium each night and thats not stopped me from getting these, to be fair though I think I could be low in Potassium, so it might be that. I think what made all that happen was down to me stopping taking my 2000mg a day of Omega 3, because I read on here about that most oils are bad, so was debating on taking Krill Oil. So for about 3 weeks I havent been taking it, but when this shit happened I started taking it again and now all those lasting leg pains I was getting last week have disappeared.

Hi,

Can you tell me where you read that Krill oil was bad? Also, what did you start taking again that made the leg pains disappeared?

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected]