New To The Forum

I just joined the forum and thought I would introduce myself.

Saw Dave on the JRE and was thrilled to find out about the bio-hacking community.

I have been following a Paleo diet and doing Crossfit for about three years now, and just recently started tracking some bio-markers of health.

I had some basic blood work done through Kaiser a year ago, but I couldn't convince them to test LDL particle size or CRP.

Results were: triglycerides=38, HDL= 80, LDL=110 ng/dl.

I plan on getting a full panel from WellnessFX in January to see if the "high" LDL is an issue or if it is mostly the large fluffy benign type.

Also curious to find out w3/w6 ratio and vitamin d as I have been supplementing with these for a while.

One thing I am curious to hear Dave's take on is xenoestrogen solvents such as parabens in skin creams.

I hear Poliquin talk about avoiding these as much as possible.

Is there a bulletproof spectrum of skin care products and household cleaners?

Comments

• RodRod The Rodfather
    Hi,

Welcome!!! It's best to get a test done first before adding D3 vitamins. Reaching that sweet spot in dosage is optimal!!! I would stay away from skin products, the BF diet should clear up skin and it it doesn't then certain supplements will help. I use Coconut oil/ Olive oil for my skin and it works great. Staying away from harsh chemicals is key for optimal gene expression. I use something non toxic if I absolutely must because I can't get rid of it using Salt, Lemon juice, and white vinegar. There are other natural cleaning methods with different combination, you just have to google for them. I try to stick to the, if you can't eat it, then don't put it on you or use it around the house (within rational reasoning and logic). That wellnessFX is going to be a KEY component for you! Right on!!!

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected]