Cissus Quadrangularis

hybridhybrid Cateye vs Isolation

I remember back in the day there was a big hype on this supplement, a lot of people claimed that they where able to resume training thanks to it.

Any ideas on how it works with soft tissue lessions? Antiinflamatory, adaptogenic...?

Collagen, serrapeptase and magnesium have turned out to be very valuable for me in the last year. I have grown appreciative of them.

Comments

• I used Super Cissus brand a while back. 2 caps before meals 3x daily to prevent fat gain during cheat days and holidays (seemed to work) and it also seemed to make my nagging knee injury slightly better during that time. I tore my meniscus when I was 12 or 13, got arthroscopic surgery rehabbed it to like 98%, and always regretted not taking that rehab really seriously. It doesn't hurt, but it feels a little weird walking up stairs. It felt a little less weird on CQ. I know that's not very descriptive, but it's really the best I can do. 

Later, when I separated my A/C joint, (separated shoulder) I took the dose on the bottle, 2 caps before meals 2x daily, and it seemed to speed the healing process. I wrote about that as #3 in this post

4HB said that many bodybuilders believe that CQ recruits nutrients to joints, so I'm not sure how great it would be for soft tissue that is not a joint. 

Don't go more than an hour after taking it without eating, it made me feel light headed. 

• When I take it on cheat days at the levels Tim Ferriss suggests, I notice that the post cheat day pounds leave much faster (water weight or not). It works for me. One year I took it for four days in a row around Thanksgiving and a couple days after I was at my pre-TG weight.

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭
    edited February 2014

Jonny, my experience was similar for fat gain, 4-5 days around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Did you notice any problems if you waited too long to eat after taking the CQ, or did you not make that mistake? 

I still haven't figured out if my problems were the CQ or if I was just really hungry... (I took it an hour before meeting a friend at an italian restaurant, the restaurant was full, so was the next one, ended up being 2:30 after CQ before I ate, and I'd been fasting all day.) 

When I take it on cheat days at the levels Tim Ferriss suggests, I notice that the post cheat day pounds leave much faster (water weight or not). It works for me. One year I took it for four days in a row around Thanksgiving and a couple days after I was at my pre-TG weight.

• edited February 2014

I don't think I have taken it without eating much after. If anything, I mess up and take it too soon before eating or even after lol.

Jonny, my experience was similar for fat gain, 4-5 days around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Did you notice any problems if you waited too long to eat after taking the CQ, or did you not make that mistake? 

I still haven't figured out if my problems were the CQ or if I was just really hungry... (I took it an hour before meeting a friend at an italian restaurant, the restaurant was full, so was the next one, ended up being 2:30 after CQ before I ate, and I'd been fasting all day.) 

• hybridhybrid Cateye vs Isolation

I am more interested in its effects on joints and soft tissue.

What I am gathering is that:

- Its an adaptogenic herb of sorts

- Gastric protection

- Lowers blood sugar, helps diabetes

- Supports regeneration of joints and bone. Useful with osteoporosis

- In study aided animals in regeneration of bone

- Antimicrobial, antifungal, antiinflamatory

This is all a very he or she says people copying each other, but does anyone have any peak into it actually works in the body and connective tissue to promote all of this.

cheers