What Podcasts Do You Guys Listen To?

Comments

• The ones I listen to very regularly...

Bulletproof Executive

Fat Burning Man (Able James)

Dan Carlin (both Common Sense and Hardcore History)

School Sucks Project

Bryan Callen (w/Hunter Maats) Show

There are some others that I listen to here and there but not all the time, including Joe Rogan whose show is just too long to keep up with regularly.
  • edited March 2014

No Comedy Bang Bang Fans??? Hilarious

Comedy Bang Bang

Chewin it with Kevin and Steve

The Crabfeast with Ryan Sickler and Jay Larson

Put your Hands together with Cameron Esposito

Mohr Stories w/ Jay Mohr

The Smartest Man in the World with Greg Proops

The Alton Browncast

WTF with Marc Maron

The Duncan Trussell Family Hour

The Rich Roll Podcast

Never Not Funny w/ Jimmy Pardo

U Talkin' U2 To Me? w/Adam Scott (parks & rec) and Scott Aukerman

The PulpMX.com Show

I listen to podcasts all day while working and driving.  Always laughing and having a good time.

EDIT: and I watch Joe Rogan Experience and The BP podcasts more than listen to them, I consider them more VODcasts when watching

• School Sucks Project is fantastic!  have only listened to a handful so far, but loving it.

thanks for that one.

• By far the best podcast I listen to is http://freakonomics.com/radio/freakonomics-radio-podcast-archive/

The production quality is top notch. 

I've been struggling with the BP podcast. If Dave could stop interrupting his guests I'd listen more often. 

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Tried the Vinnie Tortorich podcast, which isn't great at all, probably quit it after only a few episodes.

NPR Intelligence Squared is a debate podcast, listen to the veggie debate, which was interesting. New so no real option quite yet.

Mike Dolce show is going after listening to 80 episodes. Terrible stuff even for an MMA fighter/fan

Heavy Hands is a new MMA one I've started listening too and really enjoying. Break down of technique, great for MMA fans.

The Infinite Monkey Cage is a science/comedy show from the BBC. Not too bad so far, maybe a bit too light hearted for me.

Philosophize This! Been recommended, but not started yet. Looks interesting.

STUFF I'VE BEEN LISTENING TOO FOR A WHILE & LISTEN TO EVERY WEEK:

Cheapseats

Ben Greenfield (hard to get through with the Beavis and Butt-head impression every 5 mins)

Bulletproof Exec

Co-Main Event

Cult Cast

Fit, Fat, Fast (too much endurance stuff but ok)

MMA Hour

Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast

Not Just Paleo

TED Radio Hour

Paleohacks

Primal Blueprint

Revolution Heath Radio

Paleo Solution - Robb Wolf

JRE (few episodes behind)

Hardcore History (catching up when I can)

Freedomain Radio (catching up when I can)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    edited April 2014

I don't listen to many podcasts, but I'm fucking glad to see some FDR love in here. A lot of good shit going on in Stef's podcasts-- shit that the world needs to hear and adopt. I do have some reservations about the guy himself and the community around him, however I've learned a lot listening to him and probably wouldn't be a voluntaryist if I hadn't stumbled upon his videos. Wish Dave would get him on the show. Bulletproof + the Non-Agression Principle= Enlightenment.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Gonna give Freakonomics Radio a listen and see what it's like. Downloading 4 episodes. Got loads of new podcast from this thread.

I listen all the time to podcast. Every morning while making coffee, in the bathroom, cooking and doing anything when I'm on my own. iPhone in my pocket while I'm doing whatever. Have episode 454 of JRE right now ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• edited April 2014

I don't know how you guys can listen to that many podcasts.

I used to listen to lots more podcasts when I drove a semi-truck cross-country, but now I don't have anywhere near as much opportunity. So now I really only listen to the No Agenda Show and BPE. Since NA puts out 5 hours of content a week, it's hard to fit in anything else. Not to mention the loads of blogs I like to read (which I am hopelessly behind now).

When I had more time, shows that I used to listen to:

Dvorak & Horowitz Unplugged

Peter Schiff Show (this is actually how I discovered Dave Asprey, he was a guest)

Security Now

Dave Ramsey Show

Brian Preston, Money Guy

Triangulation

Freakonomics

Joe Rogan Experience

Warrior Poet Podcast

If I were to add a new show, it would be Hardcore History (that sounds awesome) or Tom Woods. I'm glad he started up his own show, because I loved whenever he would guest host on Peter Schiff. Better than Schiff (who gets old), in my opinion. Or I'd pick up Not Just Paleo, because John Brisson is awesome.

Selected threads from the BP forum (Use your own signature to highlight threads that you think are important or significant)

• About to give "The Health Bridge" a go over next few days

• Dave RaelDave Rael
    edited April 2014

I don't know how you guys can listen to that many podcasts.

I used to listen to lots more podcasts when I drove a semi-truck cross-country, but now I don't have anywhere near as much opportunity. So now I really only listen to the No Agenda Show and BPE. Since NA puts out 5 hours of content a week, it's hard to fit in anything else. Not to mention the loads of blogs I like to read (which I am hopelessly behind now).

When I had more time, shows that I used to listen to:

Dvorak & Horowitz Unplugged

Peter Schiff Show (this is actually how I discovered Dave Asprey, he was a guest)

Security Now

Dave Ramsey Show

Brian Preston, Money Guy

Triangulation

Freakonomics

Joe Rogan Experience

Warrior Poet Podcast

If I were to add a new show, it would be Hardcore History (that sounds awesome) or Tom Woods. I'm glad he started up his own show, because I loved whenever he would guest host on Peter Schiff. Better than Schiff (who gets old), in my opinion. Or I'd pick up Not Just Paleo, because John Brisson is awesome.

dr. woods's show is short.  he only does about a half hour each day, so probably not too big a deal to add (is 5 days per week, though).  and yes, he is fantastic.  other than stef, i appreciate his thoughts on all things liberty more than anyone.  i agree about his guest appearances on the schiff show being improvements.  hardcore history episodes are marathons (4ish hours typically), but he takes a long time to get one out (months between episodes).

not just paleo - not only are the appearances of the reverend brisson worth a subscription alone, evan has a lot to offer himself - really thinking about grabbing his sleep materials.  it's great to see him around here too (haven't heard mentions of the forum on the podcast for a while, evan).  he's also had dr. kruse on multiple times and those were explosive interviews.

i get through a lot of content by taking my phone with me everywhere i go and if i'm doing something that doesn't require engaging with humans and doesn't require my full focus, i'm listening.  walking, driving, buying butter and chocolate, pissing (while shitting i read instead), lawn work, snow shoveling, cooking (if kids are outside playing and not with me).  most of the time when working i need my focus, but some time i'm writing scripts i could do in my sleep, so i'll listen while doing that.  i also listen at 3.0x speed.

• Tangentially Speaking -- Christopher Ryan

Savage Love -- Dan Savage

Bulletproof Executive -- Dave Aspery

Psychedelic Salon -- Lorenzo (select epsiodes only)

I just downloaded 12 episodes of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History and am looking forward to giving them a listen.

• Dan Carlin's Hardcore History is great. I have really enjoyed the few episodes I've listened to.

• Dan Carlin's Hardcore History is great. I have really enjoyed the few episodes I've listened to.

I just finished the Wrath of the Khans series.  It was pretty frickin awesome.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

I'm enjoying Freakonomics recommended on here. Also listen to Found My Fitness after hearing about it on Bulletproof Radio, it's still in its early stages, but might be worth looking at.

Finally Deleted The Dolce Diet from my playlist!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• What is Found my fitness about?... I deleted Dolce after listening to three episodes... SAME THING ALL THE TIME

• Deleting bad podcasts from your feed is so awesome. It's like getting rid of that friend that steals from you, or quitting a terrible job.

Finally Deleted The Dolce Diet from my playlist!

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

What is Found my fitness about?... I deleted Dolce after listening to three episodes... SAME THING ALL THE TIME

Dr that was on Joe Rogan's podcast. Blasted Dave for something he said that was wrong, but generally came across well and if she didn't know, she said she didn't know. I like that.

Only 9 episodes I think, so just starting out. Nothing amazing, but might be worth keeping an eye on.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• deeperdeeper
    edited April 2014

Tim Ferriss has a new podcast! some people might be excited. 

The first episode with Kevin Rose was pure bullsizz. Boring as hell. Ego lifting. Oh I can't related to anyone because I'm a successful angel investor, boo hoo. Fk off lol. 

Second episode was better, but Tim is squandering the potential of this show IMHO.

• I purge podcasts all the time. 

Currently on my iPhone. 

Tim Ferriss Show

The health Bridge

Fat Burning Man

Stuff you should know

Freakenomics 

BP

WallStreetWindow

Deleting bad podcasts from your feed is so awesome. It's like getting rid of that friend that steals from you, or quitting a terrible job.

• Blue Collar Muscle Radio

• Not just paleo is a pretty good  :mrgreen:

each episode packed with info, I like that.

• Seriously. Evan is getting much better with communicating. (I mean that in a good way. Nothing wrong with not being a natural orator, but he's improving by leaps and bounds)

This last podcast about rewilding was awesome. I never heard of the guest before , Daniel Vitalis but his ideas really line up with a lot if my own.

Evan doesn't always get famous guests, but I like that they are always informative.

I loved the one about shoes, and the one with John and Paul Jaminet and on and on.

I always learn from BP podcast too, same with kresser.

I think Sisson is great, but the host grates on me a little bit, and I feel some of the primal podcasts lack content.

In any event, it's cool that Evan just decided one day to do this without a presence in the field and competes well with the big dogs.

Not just paleo is a pretty good :mrgreen:

each episode packed with info, I like that.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

I have a Google Alert setup with "Dave Asprey" "podcast" so I get notified if he's a guest on any other shows.

I got a hit for The Alpha Male Club podcast recently and tried a few episodes of that. The way the host would take notes during the interview then read them back to the guest full of mistakes really got on my nerves so I deleted that one pretty quickly.

• Evan BrandEvan Brand Writer and Explorer

Thanks guys for the praise. It really means a lot and keeps me going.. I occasionally listen to the Paleohacks podcast, Clark is a good dude..he keeps it real also, which is one of the biggest factors for me to listen to other podcasts these days.

Right before I started my show, I used to listen to my friend Nora's show called "Primal Body Primal Mind Radio" and it goes right in line with educated and smart people like everyone here on the forum.. Sadly she quit doing episodes, every episode is incredible.. Her presence and analogies are top notch.

It's a few years old, but the content is timeless.  :mrgreen:

Here is the link to PaleoHacks with Clark and I from today talking about sensory deprivation and other topics. 

Evan Brand, NTP, CPT

Functional Medicine Practitioner and Podcast Host at NotJustPaleo.com

Author of REM Rehab and Stress Solutions

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭

Just listened to Chris Masterjohn on the Fat Burning Man podcast. Some really good knowledge bombs on why we need a little bit of inflammation and omega 6s, how most anti-inflammatories cause inflammation, and some good recaps on fat soluble vitamins. 

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015

NotJustPaleo

Smart Wrestling Fan

Smart Video Game Fan

O&A Podcast

How Did This Get Made

ThatWrestlingShow

CUP

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

edited June 2014

Yeah, at this point I'm going to rescind my recommendation for Stefan Molyneux's podcasts. There's some good stuff there, and I've learned a lot in watching/listening to him, but he's getting into some rather shady and misogynistic territory now that I'm not totally on board with. His recent forays into "men's rights activism" (whatever the fuck that's supposed to be), the fact that his show is often some sort of call-in where he talks with disgruntled, hopeless neckbeards about why their relationships fail... I mean, some of his interactions with people outside the show... and even on it... kind of diminish this virtuous persona he's sought to cultivate over the years. I'm just done.

If you take this stuff away, then awesome:

-- Peaceful parenting is a good idea, and is likely to transform the world.

-- Government is immoral, a monopoly on force.

If you still watch his videos or listen to his podcast, tread carefully and make certain to listen to everything (not just Stef's podcasts) critically. Even a busted clock is right twice a day, and while I agree with Stef on a lot of things, especially where the state is concerned, his recent forays have left me either unimpressed or a bit offended.

My $0.02, of course. I know at least a few other members on this board who are fans. Would be curious as to your opinions on his recent (~last 12 months) output.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

• misogyny?  sure, that's what normal mainstream folks call treating women as equals, but that's not what you are.  he's merely taking a stand against the norm that is holding women down by absolving them of any moral responsibility.  patronizing women and treating them like children is not what they need (though, in many cases, what they want).  his stance is to oppose the norm that does just this.  i view stef as a person who loves women and gives them the courtesy and respect of holding them to the same standard to which he holds men.  he points out that a majority of violence against children is perpetrated by women and that divorce courts are rigged in favor of women.  i don't think those things can be rationally opposed and i don't think they make him a misogynist.  he points out a lot of things wrong with the western world.  many of those involve gender relations.  i haven't heard anything i found to be shady.  maybe i just have a bias because i love his positions on parenting and anarchy so much.  i acknowledge that.

yes, the call-in shows are filled with some heinous backgrounds and incredibly hurt and broken people.  i'd argue that his patience and depth in helping broken individuals and bringing hope to the hopeless is virtuous and amazing.  he helps people see things about themselves in a way i've not heard anywhere else.  it's deep and it's therapy.  i don't have a lot in common with a lot of the situations i hear on his shows, but they help me learn about human nature and about empathy.

one thing that does bug me a bit is how he and the folks on his forum are pretty quick to cut people out of their lives if they don't live up to their standards of virtue.  they have a point - that the choices people make tell you what you need to know about them and that you are best off surrounding yourself with virtue and that a person ok with state power to bully you and take your money and threaten you with prison and violence if you resist is ok with your murder and that's not the mark of a friend.  at the same time, though, people don't think through to that depth and all those ramifications.  that lack of depth could be taken as an argument of not being worthy friends, but i take a softer stance on that.

certainly agree - listen to everything critically, including dave asprey and especially the united states food and drug administration.  i still think stef is a badass and a shining beacon in the world.  i love his mission and donate to his cause.  i expect, though, that a majority would hate him if they bothered to listen to him.  he dares to question things that are just taken as unquestionable by just about everyone.

misogyny?  sure, that's what normal mainstream folks call treating women as equals, but that's not what you are.  he's merely taking a stand against the norm that is holding women down by absolving them of any moral responsibility.  patronizing women and treating them like children is not what they need (though, in many cases, what they want).  his stance is to oppose the norm that does just this.  i view stef as a person who loves women and gives them the courtesy and respect of holding them to the same standard to which he holds men.  he points out that a majority of violence against children is perpetrated by women and that divorce courts are rigged in favor of women.  i don't think those things can be rationally opposed and i don't think they make him a misogynist.  he points out a lot of things wrong with the western world.  many of those involve gender relations.  i haven't heard anything i found to be shady.  maybe i just have a bias because i love his positions on parenting and anarchy so much.  i acknowledge that.

______

His alignment with "men's rights" seems to indicate a lack of understanding of what Feminism is actually all about. Feminism is a loaded word for many, and a lot of people are prepared to equate it to some sort of man-hating, femnazi sort of movement. In pursuit of a truly egalitarian society, men and women will have to respect one another as equals. That's what Feminism is about-- it has nothing to do with men's rights, which are curtailed as a side-effect of devaluing women in society. This is my main beef, and I don't think he gets it. I really feel like he's playing to a demographic here and misogynistic sentiment is something deeply ingrained in our society that's very easy to play into for the views/donations. He's too busy villainizing women and drawing attention to their sins to understand why men's rights suffer as they do. It's like he's missing a piece of the puzzle here.

I could be wrong, of course. And I hope I am. Bringing attention to and holding women accountable for their violence is absolutely important. I think he's hitting it from the wrong angle, and from a place of ignorance however. And I fear it could end up reinforcing the sort of misogynistic sentiment that this spiel of his COULD assuage if only approached from a place of enlightenment.

• TIM FERRIS NEW podcast is AMAZING... such unique good questions... BODY IO with Kiefer and Rocky Patel is pretty good...