Teeth Root Regeneration (From Teenage Braces)

I had braces at age 13. Ever since 17 or 18, I've had x-rays that show that my roots have gotten shorter than before, due to Root Resorption aka Root Blunting. The Dentist says this is usually caused by Braces, and is the body's immune response to eat it's own roots shorter.

The Problem is, with shorter roots, tooth are less durable and more likely to get knocked out or fall out. I don't think anybody wants to have their teeth missing like those poorer folks who haven't taken care of themselves. I know everyone wants to keep the teeth God gave them forever or as long as possible.

Losing your teeth is much, much much worse than male pattern baldness image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

What kinds of things could help the roots of the teeth regenerate/heal regrow longer and stronger? I know brain cells have been found to regenerate themselves too.

Comments

• edited April 2012

• Thanks!

I know that tooth decay and enamel is reversible. How about the roots, deeper and more internal? The roots of my teeth have gotten shorter from the IMPACT of Braces as a teenager. What can regenerate the roots, so they don't FALL OUT or get LOOSE in 10-20 years?
  • Check out oil pulling. Not sure about regeneration, but this can only help an already bad situation.

http://www.jonbarron.org/detox/nl110404/oil-pulling-strong-immunity
  • While we're at it -- I've had a twenty year old silver-mercury amalgam filling break a month ago, and became really sick within a couple of days. Might be unrelated, but a lot of stuff on the web supports the theory of a mercury poisoning incident.

Anyone here have experience with getting rid of the mercury? (In the blood, in the teeth?)
  • Perhaps this woman has some good advice:

For me cranio sacral therapy made a huge difference for my neck and jaw - and my entire self in recovering from having bracelets

Best of luck

M
  • bump bump bump
  • suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Pick up this book for teeth specifically. It's top of the line.

You'll definitely want to supplement with K2.
  • Anyone heard of quinton isotonic seawater injections to the gum to slow or stop resorption? Where can this be done?