Salted Or Unsalted Grass Fed Butter?

What is better for me the salted or unsalted grass fed butter? Been using unsalted and tastes fine but curious about salted also
Tagged:

Comments

• I use a salted for all except BPC, then unsalted
  • J-rockJ-rock

I use the unsalted for everything. If I want salt, I'll add some Him. salt.

• I was told by somebody that they use the fresher cream for the unsalted, since the salt will help preserve the salted butter. Not sure how true this is, especially with kerrygold since it seems like a high quality product, but since unsalted goes in the coffee anyway (who wants salted coffee? yuk) I just buy unsalted and add salt to whatever I'm cooking anyway. I'm sure they are not adding hymalayan sea salt or anything close to that quality and I'd rather use that in my food.

• SystemSystem mod mod

This

I use the unsalted for everything. If I want salt, I'll add some Him. salt.

• J-rockJ-rock
    edited July 2014

I was told by somebody that they use the fresher cream for the unsalted, since the salt will help preserve the salted butter. Not sure how true this is, especially with kerrygold since it seems like a high quality product, but since unsalted goes in the coffee anyway (who wants salted coffee? yuk) I just buy unsalted and add salt to whatever I'm cooking anyway. I'm sure they are not adding hymalayan sea salt or anything close to that quality and I'd rather use that in my food.

My unsalted KG I bought on Thursday expires 2/2015. If it takes someone that long to go through a stick of butter, they aren't doing something right. I'm pretty sure they use the same milk for both salted & unsalted butter and their cheeses.