marvac

pizzabagel

Lifetime

Nabado

Heart Ambassador

strateg (personal)

User

Achievement

I seem to be in 3rd place for the last day and the last week!  I'm a good session away from smiting the bulletproof minion (who are you???).  This is fun, and it all started 2 weeks ago when I tried giving up butter, and then a week later when I gave myself a B12 shot - since then it has been a state change in my coherence scores.

I'm looking forward to bringing butter back in a couple of weeks and seeing if my scores change at all.

Comments

• Damn - these tables look great in the editor and then they paste like garbage.  Need to figure this out.

• Pizzabagel, I just opened my new inner balance, logged in and saw your name in the heart cloud. Then logged in here and saw your post. I believe our destinies are intertwined.

• I'm onto ya guys beware!!

Hah no I've still got waays to go before having a shot at that score board...

• I recently upgraded to the current version with this new-fangled cloud stuff, and all my old sessions uploaded. I'm joannaelizabeth123, achievement: 103,233

• Yeah, who is "Bulletproof Minion" and how much time do you train every day? An hour?

• I was also curious. Maybe we can talk here about our daily EmWave practises.

I do 2x time a day for about 10 minutes... avarage coherence varies 3.5 - 4.5

About 1000 points per day...

I don't do meditation next to that.. but I am considering it. 

What seems to influence most of my sessions is:

1. coffee - stimulants - usually higher score

2. after sports - usually higher score

3. after mastrubation higher score

4. late at night when falling asleep, usualy drifitng away and lower score

5. checking my coherence score while emwaving, and score decreases

6. listening to good vibrations such as Bob Marley increases score

I was curious about your habits? Anybody taken the training course? A friend of mien is about to take it.. will share more about it later!

• Bulletproof ModBulletproof Mod Welcome to the Forums mod

Welcome to the Bulletproof forum, Bulletproof Riddle!  It looks like you are off to a good start, but do let the moderators know if we can be of assistance.

Regards,

BP Moderator

• I once had an in-person training with a Heartmath person, she said she meditates with her unit on, under her leg on the cushion, and uses the sounds to let her know that she is in the green zone. 

I do my sessions at my desk at work, with my eyes on the screen, usually watching the breath pacer.  I have the desktop version. 

I used to do 15 mins/day but stopped for awhile (computer issues) and now I'm doing much less, but getting back into it. I think Heartmath is suggesting one 15 minute session a week and 2 five minute sessions a day these days... not sure! I may aim for that, since the 15 mins/day seems a lot right now that I'm compulsively spending SO MUCH freaking time playing that damn train game on Lumosity.

• When I try to do my normal meditating with the app going, I quickly drop to red. Not sure why that is.

• When I try to do my normal meditating with the app going, I quickly drop to red. Not sure why that is.

When I meditate I breathe regularly but shallowly - maybe you do that too?

There seems to be a link between higher coherence and deeper breathing. Emwave has that breath pacer, which definitely encourages me to breathe deeper -- I'm officially curious about this....  I wonder if it's possible to be in green while breathing shallow? 

• Yes it depends on which level, but on Level 1 and 2... even on level 3 you can be on green with shallow breathing if it is in a good rhythm, relax and feel your heart. try out!

** an interesting fact.. I couldnt feel my heart before.. now even when writing I can feel it beating.. what about you? :)

• Sorry I'm late... I'm the bulletproof minion. I practice three times a day for about 24 minutes a session. I took a short break there for little while but I'm back at it. 

• holla!

Sorry I'm late... I'm the bulletproof minion. I practice three times a day for about 24 minutes a session. I took a short break there for little while but I'm back at it. 

• I wish Heartcloud had a forum where users could discuss their experiences!

I got the innerbalance sensor three weeks ago and have been doing 2 5-10

Min sessions a day.

Loving it. Amazing how thoughts create experience.

Bulletproof minion, I'm wondering about your experience? That's some real dedication! What benefits have you realized?

Also I combine this with Headspace, a meditation app
  • edited April 2014

I wish Heartcloud had a forum where users could discuss their experiences!

I got the innerbalance sensor three weeks ago and have been doing 2 5-10

Min sessions a day.

Loving it. Amazing how thoughts create experience.

Bulletproof minion, I'm wondering about your experience? That's some real dedication! What benefits have you realized?

Also I combine this with Headspace, a meditation app

I think for the most part the benefits are so subtle that they are hard to put a finger on but there were two different instances recently where I was talking to an unreasonable person and I reached a point in the conversation where I realized that if it hadn't been for the meditation I would've already given up on that person. I guess that just means I'm a little more patient than I think I used to be.

Never heard of that headspace app. Thank you. I'll go looking for it.

• Wow, some very impressive scores! My typical session lasts 5-10 minutes before I can no longer harness my thoughts and stay in coherence consistently. Any thoughts on how to improve that? I just purchased the heartmath book and am going to try giving that a read.

I discovered the same in my meditation practice. Do you know why that is?

• I discovered the same in my meditation practice. Do you know why that is?

---

I've been thinking about this a lot. I'm not really sure why their system doesn't work to record what I consider to be normal meditation (deep belly breathing) as high coherency. I just can't get my mind around thousands and thousands of years of meditation being the wrong way. My guess/hope is that they just don't know how to measure any of the other types of meditation with this device... I mean it's not impossible that out of all the various forms of meditation breathing into your heart could be the best way, could be the only way worth doing, worth measuring. Or it could be that they just haven't invented the ruler to measure all the other forms of meditation yet.
  • MoodswingMoodswing
    edited May 2014

I've just bought a book from HeartMath about meditation. Will read what their insights are on this. I will let you guys know soon!

• Did read the book, states you should put challenge level to 1 while meditating. Tried it, also throughout the meditation kept my heart breathing. Was in high coherence the whole meditation session, which was about 30 mins.

I think most people while meditating when they reach the meditation state, their breathing gets too shallow. Probably difficult to get high coherence while shallow breathing.

• @moodswing thanks for the update on that. Have been looking into this myself. 

Out of interest what was your average coherence score for meditation? Since the levels, just raise the bar on the coherence score to get in the Green Zone - but it's always the same coherence score regardless of level.

The Quantified Body Podcast 

Gain Confidence in What You Invest Your Time & Money In.

Learn from Data-Driven Experiments using New Tools & Tactics to Improve Health, Performance and Longevity

• MoodswingMoodswing
    edited June 2014

My average coherence over a period of 30 minutes was 4.0. This was while meditating with heart focused breathing. I've been meditating for about half a year, mindfulness meditation. Just observing the breath and whatever comes. After a few minutes of this I doze of into this very relaxed state of being where my breathing becomes very shallow and almost non existing. If I track this meditation I will be in very low coherence. 

This is because high coherence is a calm/relaxed state, but still alert/focused.

• How do you like the book? Do you find the tips to be helpful?

It's really difficult for me to apply the freeze frame and heart breathing techniques to my emwaving sessions.

Wow, some very impressive scores! My typical session lasts 5-10 minutes before I can no longer harness my thoughts and stay in coherence consistently. Any thoughts on how to improve that? I just purchased the heartmath book and am going to try giving that a read.

• This is going to sound odd, but for whatever reason reading that book calmed me down! So far I like the book, only about 1/3 of the way through.

• Nice. Yeah, I've already finished the book a while ago. Although the message it conveys is very powerful, I am just not able to use the "freeze frame" techniques to my advantage when it comes to emwaving.

This is going to sound odd, but for whatever reason reading that book calmed me down! So far I like the book, only about 1/3 of the way through.

• I didn't care for the book - stopped reading about halfway through.

• SystemSystem mod
    edited August 2014

I didn't care for the book - stopped reading about halfway through.

Really? I find both the Freeze Frame and Heartmath Solutions to be very inspiring, so much so that I'm constantly bugging my dad to read them.

• I finally created a HeartCloud profile. 

• ---

I've been thinking about this a lot. I'm not really sure why their system doesn't work to record what I consider to be normal meditation (deep belly breathing) as high coherency. I just can't get my mind around thousands and thousands of years of meditation being the wrong way. My guess/hope is that they just don't know how to measure any of the other types of meditation with this device... I mean it's not impossible that out of all the various forms of meditation breathing into your heart could be the best way, could be the only way worth doing, worth measuring. Or it could be that they just haven't invented the ruler to measure all the other forms of meditation yet.

My guess is that when you are meditating, your ANS is parasympathetic dominant. Coherence is a state of balance between both branches of the ANS that occurs around 0.1 Hz. When observing the spectral analysis on the InnerBalance or emWave Pro you'll notice that being too relaxed (too far to the right of the graph) will drop your coherence score down. 

• SystemSystem mod
    edited August 2014

This Richard D'aguiar guy has no life. He has more achievement points in this week than I have in a year, and I use the emwave for about an hour a day.